When It Was All Falling Apart

Before our Pastor and his wife left for Romania on a mission for the church he gave several people duties to be done while they were away.  Unfortunately he did not make it clear to the congregation who would actually take over each particular area in the Church, so some chose what they would do on their own authority.  I was in the choir at the time and our music director was told by the Pastor that he could rearrange the music, make new overheads for the congregation and could operate this any way that was needed. There hadn't been a system before, and things were kind of hit-or-miss.

Our director of music not only was an excellent musician, he had professional training for many years and needless to say, his voice was amazingly beautiful. He gladly accepted this project and we all agreed to help get this done. We worked each night for several weeks, sometimes for 4-5 hours after having worked all day at our jobs. We wanted to complete this before the pastor returned from Romania. 

One evening we were all at the Church and at least half way through the project, when another "leader" came in and told us to stop what we were doing as he did not give his permission to do this.  An argument began between the two, and I finally had to leave. At this time things were also going horribly wrong in my life, my marriage was breaking down among other things, and I was so "down" that I had even contemplated suicide. The only reason I didn't do it was because I knew it would just add another sin to my life. I was completely broken, and crying so hard, just feeling totally lost. 

It is so beautiful how the LORD works! I was given a vision while completely awake, and it was so incredibly beautiful. It was late in the evening and I was in bed and I finally fell asleep. Then something woke me up. I waited, sat up, and listened for noise but there was nothing unusual so I laid back down and as I did, I turned and looked out the window at the night sky.  Suddenly the stars were shooting across the sky crossing each other from right to left. They formed the facial outline of a beautiful man, and then the last two stars that crossed to complete the face were bright red and they were HIS eyes. It was JESUS! And I knew HE was with me! And always had been and always would be! I was so awed and felt so much love, I have no words to express the depth of comfort I felt.  All I could say was, "Thank You JESUS for loving me!" I fell so much in love with him then, and I know with every ounce of my being that HE IS GOD!  To express to me, a lowly sinner, the peace, love, and kindness that only HE can give ...made our relationship unbreakable. Everything HE said is TRUE, and when I least expected it, he blew life into my inner-being making me come alive again.

I will never deny HIM, and have totally crossed over the line to be on HIS side throughout all eternity!  And now, I long for him to come with all that I am!

Chris B
Tennessee

No comments :