His Radiance In The Storm

While looking at this blog and the wonderful uplifting stories here, I decided I should write this about this one particular story in my life and my walk with the Lord.

I lived in Virginia from 1977 till 1981. I wish I knew exactly what date it was, and, perhaps I do have it recorded in one of my many notebooks, but I don't have it readily available now. I was getting ready for bed and there were storm warnings that night. I cannot remember all the particulars or why I would have been troubled because I have always been one of these strange people who like thunderstorms and find a lot of peace and quiet during them.

On this particular night, just as I closed my eyes, I was not sleeping yet, I saw in the distance, like at the end of a tunnel, a figure dressed in white with a blue sash with His arms upward in a praising attitude. I could not clearly see His face because it was a long tunnel and all was radiant around Him. I knew it was the Lord. There were lightning bolts all around Him and thunderclouds but they could not get through the radiance to touch Him. I sat up in bed and wondered why He let me see this and what it represented. I never found out except there was a tornado that touched down a short distance from us later that night and a huge tree fell about ten feet from our window. I did not wake up at all during that tremendous storm!!!

I have always known He is watching over me and I guess that was His way of showing me during a storm. I do not think I can put into words how really beautiful and special this was but that's my best shot.

Phyllis H
New York

No comments :